Sunday, July 13, 2008

Roast Chicken

So I went out to falls creek waterfall with a friend yesterday. About 6 months ago half of the rock face collapsed. It's not safe to cliff jump anymore, but it was still fun to swim around in the pond above the falls, and play around under the waterfall. It is absolutely gorgeous out there, I'm glad I got to go again, it's been a few years. Whilst I was playing in the pond, I dove in, and got a nose full of water. Almost immediately on of my tonsils started hurting, I wonder if a parasitic leech or something got rammed up the old shnoz. So I'm not quite sure what I did, but both of my tonsils are throbbing in pain now. Good times.

On a "lighter" note, I forgot to bring sunblock, so my whole back and arms and neck are fried. I was wearing my wolf head pendant, so I do have a cool tan-line. Get it.. "lighter"... because I got burned by the light? *insert laugh here* Luckily the sunburn isn't very painful, but on top of my throat, it's a pretty uncomfortable situation.

Aside from the pain and misery and what not, yesterday was the most fun I've had in years. It did me good to get out of town and just spend a day not stressing out about life. I wish I had more time to do such things, but oh well. I'll try to post some pictures of the waterfall shortly.

Congratulations to Pete & Christy on their new baby. She's definitely a cutie. But that goes without saying, she is a Leman after all :)

1 comment:

ShalottLady said...

Thanks Rulon! I hope your tonsils and back are feeling better.

Pete