Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Laptop Is Okay!

So after a rousing July 4th of watching a bunch of old star trek movies, then watching our beloved sheriff lighting off illegal fireworks, I hopped on my bike for a quick ride home. About 200 yards away from the house I was at, I came upon a small winding path. Unfortunately I couldn't see exactly where the path wound, and my front tire went into a hole, the bike stopped, and I didn't. I had my laptop in my backpack, and my first thought as I was floating through the air was, "gee, I hope my laptop survives." Luckily, my face took the brunt of the fall, and my more vital body parts like my hands and chest and such escaped unscathed. After recovering from the initial shock of the fall, I tried to get up, only to discover that my thigh was pinned between the handle bar and the frame of the bike. It took me awhile to untangle myself. And it left a pretty nice bruise in the process. So that's basically it. I hurt.

No comments: